"Paintings have a life of their own that derives from the painter's soul." Vincent Van Gogh

Friday, July 27, 2012

Equinista Magazine

As many of my blog followers know,  am represented by the Chisholm Gallery mostly for my Steeplechase series. Jeanne Chisholm has graciously placed this ad in the wonderful magazine Equinista that celebrates the equine lifestyle. I am thrilled beyond words! You may access the online version of this magazine using this link: Equinista Magazine. Please click on the black and white photo on the right side of the page to go directly to the online magazine. One of my paintings is featured prominently in the index and the ad is located on page 17. I call Jeanne my "marketing goddess" as she promotes my work so beautifully and always knows how to bring it into the sphere of the proper audience - for that I am most grateful. She was single-handledly responsible for my solo show at the Willcox Hotel in Aiken, SC during the last steeplechase season. Thank you, Jeanne!

18 comments:

  1. Gosh, Susan, I'm soooo proud! What an impressive magazine. I have always loved your horse paintings and now they're in a MAGAZINE!!! Congratulations, Susan!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel the same way, Hilda - a certain sense of disbelief!

      Delete
  2. Oh Susan, how wonderful! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So wonderful. Don't you just love it when you find such a gem as Jeanne? They are so far apart in one's lifetime. It's nice when you recognize them and don't pass on the opportunity to allow them into your life. I think your work is stunning and your imagination wonderfully creative. It's no wonder she's so smitten with your art! Congrats girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! They look fantastic. Wonderful subject.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks, Nora. I feel like I should get back to my equestrian subjects soon.

      Delete
  5. Congratulations, Susan. These are fantastic studies, beautifully executed.

    Jeanne must be worth her weight in gold to you! Really made my day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She was sent to me from above, John. She saw my work and called and asked to represent me. How lucky can one girl get?!!

      Delete
  6. That's great! I hope you get lots of great exposure through that and it will lead to lots of sales! Go Susan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is exactly what I am hoping, Stephanie - a sale now and then is certainly very welcome!

      Delete
  7. What a fabulous ad, Susan! You are truly fortunate to have such an innovative "marketing goddess". Could I borrow Jeanne???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so fortunate that she found me as I am hopeless at anything to do with the business of art. LOL - I will lend her to you for a minute of two!

      Delete
  8. Well CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I am SO thrilled for you! There must be nothing like seeing your paintings in a magazine - Mine are to be in September issue of the Teddy Bear Times! But I have no idea yet as to how small or large the article will be. Yours looks amazing! :0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its' exciting, isn't it, Sandra? I think your ad is wonderful - I really like the painting you are using in the ad and hope it generates lots and lost of sales for you!

      Delete
  9. I'm so proud of you, well diserved , your work should be in alot more mags. congrats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, David. Its nice to have this exposure for sure!

      Delete
  10. Congratulations, Susan. Your paintings are so fantastic and more people should know about them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How kind of you, Maike. I wish I was better at the marketing part of art.

      Delete

Your comments are welcome and brighten my day!