"Paintings have a life of their own that derives from the painter's soul." Vincent Van Gogh

Thursday, September 30, 2010

My Father



I have 3 sisters and I have always maintained that I am my father's favorite daughter - of course, all of my sisters feel exactly the same way. Perhaps that says something about the man who made each one of us feel so special.  He has always been interested in my paintings and occassionally sends me clippings from the Wall Street Journal regarding the state of art in the world today. He thinks I charge way too little for my work and  constantly encourages me to raise my prices several 100%. There is nothing more delightful than to have a supporter like that to lend encouragement. He is so dear to me and I do remain convinced that, secretly, I am his favorite daughter!

4 comments:

  1. My personal all time favorite of yours. Amazing. You captured wisdom, love and devotion in a painting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your words make me very happy, Gina.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Susan.
    This portrait of your Dad is brilliant. Obviously I don`t know how much it is him, but it is a fantastic portrait nevertheless. I don`t know if this word should be seperated or as one word, but you know what I am talking about Susan. What an Artist you are. All the best Susan.
    Vic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How kind of you, Vic. I greatly appreciate your kind and supportive words.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome and brighten my day!