"Paintings have a life of their own that derives from the painter's soul." Vincent Van Gogh

Friday, March 29, 2013

Ballerina 27 - A Celebration of Spring


 
Ballerina #27 / oil on linen panel / 20 x 16

She was a long time in coming but made it here just in time to celebrate spring! My forsythia is brilliantly blooming and the grass is beginning to green. My pink day lilies are beginning to sprout and the magpies and flickers are busy building nests and starting families. For some reason, all this rebirth and renewal put me in the mood to paint a ballerina.  I have taken a series of photos of her progress along the way and will post them tomorrow as a work in progress for anyone who might be interested. Thank you to Sandra Busby for suggesting I do that. Happy Spring to everyone!

15 comments:

  1. Susan, she is GLORIOUS!!! Really the epitome of Spring! I can hear The Rite of Spring playing in the background. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) - she is indeed a harbinger of Spring! Thank you, Kathryn.

      Delete
  2. Lovely spring painting. Here in Germany still snow and cold. Happy to see the spring in your painting, thanks for showing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope Spring arrives soon in Germany, Maike - I think winter has been around long enough this year!

      Delete
  3. A real jump of joy ! This could be spring fever :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly what I am feeling! Thank you, Jane.

      Delete
  4. It was bound to happen. The ballerina took flight! (I think she's been busy practicing all this time away...)

    Wonderful job Susan. Perfect for Spring! (was there a trampoline beneath her..?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you , Susan - she has definitely had enough of winter! :)

      Delete
    2. LOL, wish I could figure out how to respond :)

      Delete
  5. Susan!
    You are a rocking artist! Love the Ballerina! So much excitement, color, joy, movement, boldness and so much more! Makes me want to dance! ( Hard to type while dancing though!)
    Forsythia is probably my favorite harbinger of spring! Ours haven't bloomed yet! Can't wait! They are so wild and add so much color early in the season! I have ten large forsythia in my yard!
    A great post Susan! Spring is in the air along with your fantastic Ballerina!
    Bravo my art buddy!
    Michael

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so kind, so generous and so enthusiastic, Michael. Your words inspire me and I thank you!

      Delete
  6. I wanted to write something fabulous but I'll just say I totally agree with Michael :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks, Gina! I finally learned how to put a comment on your blog - I love the new set up!

      Delete
  7. I recognize this flight! I felt it yesterday, before the snow storm of today happened!
    Color and mood of this painting tell me you are OK inside, which is very good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, how I missed this Ballerina, Susan!! She's beautifully painted and as always puts a smile to my face! I'm looking forward to seeing the progression !! Happy Easter!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome and brighten my day!