"Paintings have a life of their own that derives from the painter's soul." Vincent Van Gogh

Monday, August 30, 2010

On the Road to Glasgow and Update on John and Tilly


My life has changed a bit and I have not been able to paint the last couple of weeks so thought I would post an older painting. This one was shown at the Scottsdale Best and Brightest Show and sold before the show even opened! I was so thrilled and it remains one of my favorites. It is 16x20 oil on canvas. I hope to get back to my routine of painting every day as soon as I can.
My friend Gwen in Great Britian recieved the painting of John and Tilly that I posted here on my blog a few weeks ago.  I had shipped it to her as a surprise birthday gift and she was thrilled! Her comment was something like she is "over the moon"! As a surprise return birthday gift to me, she sent me a copy of a book she has written but not yet published called "Wave Me Goodbye". I intend to curl up with it over Labor Day weekend - and now I, too, am over the moon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome and brighten my day!