"Paintings have a life of their own that derives from the painter's soul." Vincent Van Gogh

Friday, April 30, 2010

Little Ballerinas


This is a painting of my cousins grandaughter and some friends from ballet class. i just loved the way the light spilled across the floor toward the group of three while backlighting the little ballerina who sits apart. The body language, facial expressions, disheveled hair and mischevious smiles all made this a very special piece for me. 16x20 oil on canvas.

2 comments:

  1. How precious :) I love all of their expressions.... it makes me wonder what that little one all alone is thinking... and I love how the third from the left is looking to see what the other two are doing! GREAT, Susan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you somuch, Gina. My cousin was delighted when she saw it and I am very happy!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome and brighten my day!