"Paintings have a life of their own that derives from the painter's soul." Vincent Van Gogh

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Kent Reno Reference



Kent Reno is an American photographer who died in September of 2011 at the age of 78. I first saw this particular photo many years ago and it has stayed in my mind. Tonight it inspired me to do a little experimentation and I thought I would post the results. This is 12x12 oil on canvas. Art is a journey and each step along the way brings greater knowledge of self, medium and intent. I am quite happy with how this turned out.

8 comments:

  1. This is awesome Susan. One of those "I'm gonna take another look at that painting" paintings :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Great painting! I could see why that photo would be so inspiring, and stay with you for so long.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Gina - this painting developed as I went - an interesting exercise! :)
    Thanks much, Pam - I am hoping for lots of experimentation this new year!
    Hi, Kathryn - just read your blog and loved the photos of y ou and Bruno - what a great team you make! Thanks for your encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your work is amazing. You are very talented. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by and for your comment, Joan.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely stunning.No more be said.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome and brighten my day!