"Paintings have a life of their own that derives from the painter's soul." Vincent Van Gogh

Monday, January 2, 2012

Homage to Degas





Happy New Year - may it be safe and filled with glorious fun, excitement and lots of inspired art! And thank you to all who have supported my art and my struggle to be a better artist each day by visiting my blog and posting your encouraging comments. Each one is deeply considered and greatly appreciated.


Today I had ballerinas and horses on my mind and decided to paint this tribute to one of my favorite artists, one who continually inspires me and gives me great joy. This is oil on canvas board 18x14. Thanks for looking!

5 comments:

  1. Susan, I think Degas would approve!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific! Nice tribute. Happy New Year Susan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Kathryn - the more I study his works, the more in awe I am! Thank you, Stephanie - it promises to be an interesting year so far!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such an attitude - I LOVE her attitude!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do too - this sculpture is just incredible and it was such a joy to try and do it justice in my interpretation - thanks for commenting, Debbie!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome and brighten my day!