"Paintings have a life of their own that derives from the painter's soul." Vincent Van Gogh

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Drawing What I See

Stephanie / ebony graphite on newsprint / approximately 18x14

Stephanie / ebony graphite on newsprint / approximately 18x14

Stephanie was our very professional and  lovely model in life drawing this morning. She wore a red felt hat and turtleneck sweater as well as funky dangling earrings. She has quite an interesting and unique face and I had a great time drawing her. The top drawing was about 40 to 45 minutes and the bottom was done in two 45 minute sessions. Stephanie is a professional photographer and does some stunning female nude work. If you would like to visit her site, her work can be seen at: Stephanie Hogen Fine Art Photography
As always, thank you for stopping by my site and I appreciate all thoughts, comments, concerns.....!

14 comments:

  1. Two excellent drawings, Susan. Wonderful use in shading. You inspire me to take a life drawing class!! Stephanie does very impressive work with photography....!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many thanks, Hilda. I highly recommend life drawing. I learn so much that I can take back to the studio with me. I think it sharpens my ability to see and to notice as well as providing invaluable practice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. your paintings and drawings are so unique. Very impressive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Maike. Drawing from life is a special pleasure for me.

      Delete
  4. What a wonderful drawing! This face is bursting with character - I just LOVE it! Is there anything you can't draw??? :0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thoroughly enjoyed drawing this model - and I greatly appreciate your comment, Sandra!

      Delete
  5. Fantastic "Stephanie" drawings! Great skill!
    I also love your recent horse drawings. So very exciting! Happy!
    Visiting your blog is always a feast for my eyes!
    Thank you for posting your great art Susan!
    Art on art friend!
    Michael

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very very lovely, Susan! I feel like I know this lady after seeing your wonderful drawing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks, Diana. It is a great challenge to draw from life and I am loving it.

      Delete
  7. It feels so good to be back to your blog and to see your exact and precise drawings.
    And horses. The amount of color tints and tones you use to paint them makes large art manual by itself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to see you are back, Irina - and I love your recent sketch!

      Delete

Your comments are welcome and brighten my day!