"Paintings have a life of their own that derives from the painter's soul." Vincent Van Gogh

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Toulouse Complete



I thought I would warm up today by placing a few well considered strokes on  my Toulouse Lautrec painting - and ended up spending several hours refining and finishing! I consider it done now and will move on to my next subject. I have posted the finished piece and a close up of the figures. Each brushstroke gave me so much pleasure today - just concnetrating hard on shape, color and value without concern for the subject. This canvas may be too raw but I feel I am on my way again - and its a good feeling!

4 comments:

  1. Yes, I'd say you got right back on your horse just fine...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Des couleurs généreuses, du mouvement... Une peinture qui vous ressemble.
    gros bisous

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suzanne, Susan and MartineAlison - thank you al - your encourgement keeps me forging ahead!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome and brighten my day!