"Paintings have a life of their own that derives from the painter's soul." Vincent Van Gogh

Monday, August 9, 2010

Final Approach


I have been in a real slump this past week or so. Work has taken a lot out of me and I have not been able to do even a successful study. I finally finished this one today - I had started it over a week ago and just let it sit on the easel through my doldrums. It always amazes me how vulnerable my creative spirit is to external factors, stress in particular. This one is 24 x 18 oil on Blick canvas panel. These Blick panels are just wonderful - the canvas has a nice medium texture that grabs the paint and the panel itself is substantial and of good quality. Also, they dont break the bank and are perfect for me to paint on right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome and brighten my day!